Import data from
Chong-ho (Alex) Yu, Ph.D., MCSE, CNE
I formatted some data as a webpage table in html. How could I import the data into File Maker Pro?
This is very easy.
Eevn if you have blanks in some cells, don't worry. File Maker Pro could import the data correctly. But you should still check the mapping between the field and the data in the preview data.
- In the browser save the webpage where the table is located as source.
- Open Microsoft Excel.
- In Excel open the document you just saved. It will become an Excel table.
- Delete all unwanted rows and columns, including the headers.
- Save the file as an Excel spreadsheet.
- Import the data into File Maker Pro (File Maker Pro can recognize Excel files).
FMP Tips Contents